So I'm filling out this application for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for this really cool job monitoring tern colonies off of Cape Cod on the Elizabeth Islands....and after being rejected from 4 other internships in the past 7 days I've just really lost my job hunting mojo (wouldn't be the first time..haha). The thing I don't seem to understand is why these jobs are asking for people with Bachelor's degrees and little experience and once I apply they tell me there were applicants with "extensive field experience" and wish me good luck on my hunt. OK Ms. Fish & Wildlife Service Employee, please direct me to the job where I can gain this extensive field experience. Please and thank you. ;)
So I've begun to realize that my time spent at Northeastern which has given me a shitload of loans was basically a waste. I tried taking advantage of their co-ops but I guess I didn't push myself to find one when no one was hiring and because I was scared of ending up with no co-op and having no classes to take. Then there's the whole what did I spend my last 4 summers doing issue....oh yeh...I went to Greek Camp because I really wanted to give back to my community which actually helped me get through my teenage years in one piece. I guess in the process of choosing the best path to follow, I royally fucked myself over...at multiple junctions.
What am I to do now? I'm a college graduate with little to no experience and it's actually all my fault. I know I'm sounding extremely pessimistic but I'm almost 23 years old and the only examples I have in my family are two parents who had me at 24 and are now having their own mid-life crises because they had dreams and weren't able to do what they loved.
I feel trapped in my house....and overall just bored to death because I have no plan, no schedule, and no order. I'm really scared that if I don't find like 50 more internships to apply to by the end of march then my chances of landing a job by summer are slim, and I'll have actually spent a whole year doing nothing but working at a pizza store. I guess I could really use some advice. Or maybe a godsend?
Sigh. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment